Sunday, September 6, 2009

THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER

Pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.php?aid=108901

My history of the friends I have met on the road catching up with me and assisting me in my travels appears to know no bounds.

This time it was Zac and Ashley who appeared in Lake City. How this occurred was via a text message to my Blackberry. They asked if I would like a boat ride down the Mississippi River to my next stop at Wabasha, MN. How could I decline an entire day spent on the river with friends during the Labor Day holiday?

They had rented a boat and picked me up at the Skyline Restaurant where I was enjoying a delicious brunch. We loaded up and headed down the "ol' Miss." What an incredible day of relaxation and conversation. It definitely beat a long walk down the highway!

I give many thanks to Zac and Ashley for being such good and dependable friends. I will never forget your unselfishness and kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment