Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Urban Trek

I guess it would be fair to say that this journey is more of an urban trek than a backpacking adventure. The intent is to go from town to town until I reach FL. This trek should take me 6 months.

The first leg of the Trek will start in Sisseton, SD and then head east into MN, arriving in Minneapolis within the first week (appx. 200 miles). This is all based on a very loose plan, loose in the terms of I am racing the weather south. Other than that, I am at the whim of the moment. I have no plan, no agenda. I am tired of following schedules. We will see what results.

Additionally, I plan to sojourn on with the intent of using little or no money. I have what I need on my back, short of food, which I intend to source without having to pay; ideally, it would mean working for my supper. Meals are important, but the journey and discovery are more important.

What are people really like? Are they inherently good or evil? This is a lifelong question spanning human history. By no means have I intended to embark upon a Homeric Odyssey, but I do have my own questions that I must have answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment