Friday, May 15, 2009

Second Thoughts?

Lubka reported back to me today from HI that a very good friend of ours is concerned with my decision to take this journey. I feel it is probably for several reasons.

1. My safety.
2. I should be responsible and go to work while I am still young.
3. There are great job opportunities out there for me RIGHT NOW!
4. He would really like to work with me in HI.

I can't argue any of these points. I just feel I have to do this before I make any decision. It isn't rational or inspiring or thought provoking for anyone other than me. And at this point, that's all that counts (other than my loved ones supporting me in this crazy decision.)

To add to the confusion and second guessing, I had an old Marine officer (I used to work for and now retired) stop by the office today from HI. He offered me a job with another contracting company. This makes the fifth job offer I have had without even looking for work (seriously), so I think it is safe to say, I will find work after my Trek.

I appreciate everyone's concern, but this is something I need to do. I have had hours of processing and thinking about this decision and I can't say that I am certain, but I can say it is what I WANT TO DO. For the past 22 years, I have done what I HAD to do. Now it is time for me to take the time to decide, "WHAT DO I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP."

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with this TREK and you need to do it for all of us that won't get that chance. Most of us are set in our lives and will never really get a chance such as this and to me it sounds exciting, fun and an overall great experience! So don't let anyone talk you out of it, do it for all of us that won't get that chance but most importantly, DO IT FOR YOU!

    ReplyDelete