Monday, May 25, 2009

Trek Premiere


Well, Buddy and I did it. We travelled 15 kilometers with a 40 lb pack and had enough energy to stop into Coconut Moon (our local beach bar) for a couple of beers! None the worse for wear, but Bud is completely exhausted.

Highlights:
Impromptu wedding
Oki Hollywood
Crazy dudes with windmills on their backs
Surf town
Tacos
Beer and beef sticks
Oki/US culture

The true highlight would really have to be that when I went in to Family Mart to get Buddy a beef stick and me an Orion. I took a moment to use the restroom and I left my camera next to the sink. When I had gotten outside I realized I had forgotten it and was on my way back inside to retrieve it when a nice young Okinawan lad found me and returned it with what appeared to be an apology. I can only interpret that due to the look of concern on his face. Could that happen in the US?

Please take the time to enjoy our photos here on Facebook.

1 comment: