Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Adrienne's Offer


“Plenty of room at my place in Minneapolis. HOWEVER, if you have the time and want to get in touch with your native roots, I'd suggest purchasing a Harley-Davidson by next June and joining the Hoka Hey Challenge Ride from Key West, Florida to the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska. www.hokaheychallenge.com

My initial email reply was, “Will be looking to stay somewhere or maybe even get a ride into city limits. Don’t know MPLS that well. Do I need a gun? That’s one of the first questions I get asked about my trip, ‘are you going to have a gun?’ No. I won’t need one. It’s not that kinda trek. It’s neither a real wilderness adventure with lions, and tigers, and bears, (oh my) nor is it a true urban adventure involving living with the homeless and destitute. Hell, I don’t even have a cardboard sign!"

Now after more thought about the Hoka Hey, perhaps I could make that ride in Jun 2010 with my best friend Kenneth, if he’s up for it...

1 comment:

  1. Kenneth concurs. This challenge will require much thought and planning but definitely piques my warrior spirit. We must talk.

    ReplyDelete