Thursday, May 21, 2009

Ukulele

I received this surprise in the mail along with a few other items from HI (I miss HI) from Lubi. '60's Uke-In, surprisingly, is full of songs I have wanted to learn to play on the ukulele. Every evening, I take my music, my dog, and my uke to the beach to practice. The gift will help...I need it.

I already have one experimental song (Somewhere Over the Rainbow) on my YouTube page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQn1xAdV04M
I will update with a newer/cleaner version that I have been practicing. This is based on Lubi's "encouragement" for me to sing in a lower octave. The Japanese love my soprano tones, but Lubi doesn't like it. She prefers the contrast between my deep voice and the high tones of the soprano uke. I have to say it is difficult due to the truly high tones of the ukulele.


Dev, Ricky J, and Christian have also been providing inspiration in their collective attempts to put together some kind of ensemble. How we are going to do this is still a mystery, but it is fun sharing everyone's music. I am working on some other material that I will post online in the very near future. (Adrienne, be patient, I know I owe you a version of Margaritaville, but I can't promise it will be in my underwear.) Stay tuned to YouTube http://www.youtube.com/user/robertsondb for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment