Tuesday, August 18, 2009

29 Jul-2 Aug: SAYONARA OKINAWA and ALOHA HAWAII!!!

29 Jul was the day I left Okinawa headed for Hawaii for a few days of rest and relaxation before I moved on to Camp Pendleton, CA to start my separation process.

United Airlines treated me very well by giving me a complimentary upgrade for my retirement flight. This was the first time I flew in the top deck of a 747. I don't recommend it because it is VERY noisy. Other than that, it was a very pleasant flight. I have to admit, I was more than ready to depart Japan.

Upon arriving in HI I was met by Lubka and we then travelled to Kailua where I spent the next few days catching up with friends and enjoying the beach. Lubka had some last minute things to take care of because she was scheduled to fly back to our "house" in Okinawa the same day I was to depart for CA.

I left for Camp Pendleton (via LAX) on 2 Aug (Sun). Lubka's flight was cancelled and she enjoyed HI for a few more days before returning to Okinawa.

See the next post for updates on the CA trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment