Friday, August 28, 2009

MINNEAPOLIS

Not much to say about today other than I started out from Granite Falls, headed for Minneapolis (only 123 miles). I walked approximately 7 of them before being picked up by my dad, Earl, and my Aunt Lyla. They were headed to the Cities to see the Twins play on Sunday and also to take in the Minnesota State Fair. So, I joined them.

Once in Minneapolis, we went directly over to Uncle Jay and Aunt Tootie's and had dinner and caught up on things. The meal was delicious and they offered for me to stay, but I had already contacted my good friend, Adrienne and she had some things planned for the weekend for us to do.

Before I left Jay and Tootie's, we all discussed how we could all meet up at the State Fair on the following day. We would just use our cell phones and link up once at the fair, easy enough.

Another significant event was getting rid of the boots that got me to this point but not without pain. I went directly to REI and picked up a new pair of boots. I won't divulge the old boots brand name, but I will say I chose Asolo's again for my new boots. Hopefully they work out better than the previous pair. I am sick of blisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment