Sunday, August 23, 2009

23 Aug--ORTONVILLE

I woke up extremely exhausted and sore and realized I needed to lighten my load, so I am mailing my camera, extra set of clothes, razor, and other miscellaneous items that will lighten my load by almost 4 lbs. I showered, packed my gear, and started out. It wasn't long before I got a ride from a nice gentleman and lady that didn't want to share their names, but rather a ride all the way into Ortonville. After 40 miles we arrived in Ortonville where they treated me to a nice brunch at the Hilltop Café. I then went across the hwy to the Vali-Vu Hotel and checked in to continue to rest.

That evening I walked to the Matador Supper Club and Lounge just north on Hwy 75. I had a meal and a couple of beers and visited with the bartender, Michelle, who explained to me that it was a quiet nite because it was Sun, but also because the Corn Festival had just finished. (I witnessed the parade earlier in the day.) We continued our conversation and I explained to her my plans for my trip to FL. She then tore up my bill and asked if I would empty the trash bins into the outside receptacles to repay my debt. I was astonished. This trip is getting better, a meal and beer for emptying a couple of trash bins.

4 comments:

  1. Free food and beer... can't beat that! Hopefully there is more of the same the rest of the trip. Have you been attacked by those huge Minnesota mosquitos yet?

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your aches and sore feet are better. God is great, beer is good Aunt Lyla

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't Eric Clapton have a song about you "Lay Down SALLY"?

    ReplyDelete