Tuesday, October 6, 2009

MLB ALC TIE BREAKER

I decided to have dinner at Ruby Tuesdays on Tuesday and met a good man named Jeff. He happened to be from Detroit, a Detroit Tigers fan, and had recently taken a position with his company as a contractor in the area. Instead of staying in his hotel to watch the American League Central tie breaking game between his Tigers and the Minnesota Twins he made the same decision I had which was to walk over to the restaurant for the game. I am glad he did. Good clean competition is always fun.

We watched the game and talked a lot about life and goals. We didn't solve the world's problems, but it was nice to talk about what our country could be rather than what is. During the course of our converstion and watching the game another gentleman joined us at the bar. His name was Henry. Henry was another traveler on business. I was the only traveler on "leisure." He became involved in the game and conversation and he mentioned he was headed to Lousiville, KY on the following day. I had to take advantage of this opportunity and asked him if I could join him. He stated that he would and we would be departing around 11:00 am on Wed.

The evening progressed, a great game was played by both baseball clubs, and the Twins defeated the Tigers in dramatic fashion after 12 innings. Final score: 6-5.

Twins win and I win with a ride to save my poor aching feet all the way to KY!

No comments:

Post a Comment