Friday, October 23, 2009

12 Oct to Present--FLORIDA


I have arrived in Camelot...Florida. Ken and Jane have been very gracious since my arrival on 15 Oct and have opened their home to me while I establish my next step.

This portion of the sojourn is complete. I have been in search of something larger than myself and have decided to stay in FL for awhile to continue a search for opportunity. The duration is undetermined at this point, but the weather is nice and there is Ken's Beverage Castle to consider; I will be helping Ken with his business any way I can and will actively pursue employment in the Tampa/Lakeland area during this time frame.

I assume many of you are wondering what has resulted from this trip. Well, it wasn't as enlightening or as life-changing as I thought it might have been, but it did afford an opportunity for a lot of reflection on many things in my life. Many of these are very personal and I won't share them here, but I will offer several observations which relate to my goals when I initially set out to see a portion of the US.

1. I have discovered what I needed to discover for now. A new chapter of this volume begins. I am done traveling for awhile and am anxious to see what will develop next.

2. People are generally good. I didn't happen across any "evil" people, but I do know they are out there and you have to be cautions. This became very clear during my trip to Nashville. A young gentleman was gunned down in the street just several blocks away from where I was walking. I heard the gunshots, saw the police and paramedics response, but did not witness the shooting. That was an instant slap in the face which brought me back to reality. I don't know who was shot or for what reason, but it happened to someone for some reason. I have given up on trying to figure out who would do such a thing and why, rather, I prefer to realize that these violent acts do occur and to take measures to avoid any such circumstance.

3. The book....hmmmm. I will have to give it some more time. I don't think this entire journey is complete as of yet. There is still a job, career, and locations to consider. I will keep maintaining my journal and see what develops.

4. The small towns and mainstreets I encountered on the way still interest me. I will probably be back to see some that I missed and look for others I hadn't considered for this trip. I will be doing so with a plan and a vehicle to conserve time and energy. This particular trip may also include other countries.

For all of you expecting more...I can't apologize. I thoroughly enjoyed my travels and have learned much and incorporated them along with my personal insights into a new way of thinking. Funny, most of the new way of thinking isn't much different from my old way of thinking, but it was refreshing to be able to take the time and discover all of this on my own without any outside influence.

Thanks for joining me during this chapter. I can't promise to continue to maintain this blog, but I may. At this juncture, my personal journey is more important.

1 comment: