Wednesday, July 22, 2009

ORDERS

Apologies to all. I have been extremely busy over the past month or so working on one thing and one thing only...ORDERS! And they have arrived as of 0900 this morning, 22 July 2009. Exactly 4 months after I made the conscious decision to retire! I will OFFICIALLY be retired on 30 Sep 2009 (22 years and 16 days from the day I stood on the "yellow footprints" aboard MCRD, San Diego, CA on 14 Sep 1987).

So, I am back on my blog.

First things first. I have adjusted my travel plans on numerous occasions for as many numerous reasons...so let it be known for here and forever more that I am no longer traveling to Europe (I am broken hearted about it, but I think I would prefer to share that with the love of my life rather than random strangers.):

- I am leaving Okinawa for Hawaii on 29 July for a period of 5 days which I will gloriously spend with my lovely wife, Lubica.

- I depart Hawaii on 2 Aug for Camp Pendleton, CA for my separation period.

- Possibly/presumably by 7 Aug I will travel around CA then on to Phoenix and finally to SD for a period of time to catch up with friends and family (all not to exceed 10 days).

- Next begins the original plan for the URBAN TREK! It is back and will be in full swing. Save this blog to your favorites if you haven't already done so!!!

I gave it a lot of thought and to be honest, the weather conditions in Europe were the deciding factor (along with I really liked my original plan).

SO STAY TUNED!!!


3 comments:

  1. Great news and to be honest, I'm glad you're back to the original Urban Trek plan! :)

    It's good to see things are finally coming to a close for you and this chapter of your life and I'm excited for you and your new adventures. I'll keep checking out the blog.

    Love,
    Devlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew I could count on you for support. Will see you very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good old man. What is your "rough" plan for the trek?

    ReplyDelete